Last night after the conference talks ended I wandered with some people to a nearby pub where there was a cheap taco buffet and let me tell you what the Swedes believe should go on a taco buffet. Let us start with the basics:
- tortilla chips
- soft tortillas (that were indiscernable from pita bread)
- diced tomatoes / salsa-esque thing
- ground beef
- some sort of nondescript mild cheese
So, okay. A little sketchy but we’re still in the idea of tacos area. Now for the rest of the fixings:
- straight-up kidney beans
- lettuce, but it was served as a salad like the kind you get unlimited amounts of at Olive Garden
- rotini pasta salad
- garbanzo beans
- a bowl of something that smelled strongly of curry
I enjoyed exactly one beer and zero of the food and fled for other cuisine, leaving the Europeans to the multicultural trainwreck that is their idea of Mexican food.
- agentdoubleosoul said: I had Czech-Mex which consisted of Doritos doused in a Chef Boyardee-type red sauce topped with gray greasy slightly-off-tasting meat. So gross.
- amneubs likes this
- littletinyfish likes this
- rainabloom said: Europe knows all about sour cream and yet there was none? What?
- jennaddenda likes this
- liquidchroma said: “Straight Up: The Kidney Beans Endorsed By Paula Abdul”
- davebloom said: You did not make and consume a something-that-smells-strongly-of-curry taco? Kinda disappointed in you right now.
- convincingindie posted this